There have been many changes around the Cozey Lot.
One such change is that I retired my semi new laptop, and went for broke (literally), to invest in a decent gaming laptop. For all the work I did on it though, I could see why it was a short lived relationship. Hopefully this new machine will stick around through the thick and thin. (I should totally marry this thing)
I chose to answer Berry’s Computer Specs Meme to share what I ended up getting. I’ve missed doing these meme things, and even though she is not regularly posting them, they’re still a great tool to kick start an article or even a new blog.
Meme Instructions: Share your computer specs and answer the following questions. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments.
- Share any of your computer specs (video card, memory, etc..) Click here if you don’t know any of those things or just share the year you bought it.
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 860M
- Which viewer do you use most often? – I used to use a combination of the Official Viewer and Singularity, but with this new machine, the only viewer that has allowed me access on full graphic load is Firestorm http://www.firestormviewer.org/.
- What is your FPS (Frames Per Second) when you have your graphics on ultra? 45-50 ish…depending how good wifi is that particular day. On the hardline, its between 60-70, both on ultra.
- How often does Second Life crash for you? Is it usually just a viewer crash or your whole system crashes? What are you usually doing at the moment of the crash? Let’s face it, Second Life running on a laptop is not going to give users an optimal experience so my laptop would crash a lot a lot. Towards the end there, it was almost unbearable to wait through the graphic lag, and God forbid my camera switch positions by accident.
When my system crashes I’m usually at a very lagtastic region, or taking a snapshot in a very graphic/texture heavy location.
- Do you know of any tips or tricks in the settings that would improve performance? Here is a link to a couple of tutorials from Nathaniel Pevensey’s What Fresh SL is this? The first one, has been my lifesaver, truly. Turning down the sliders on things like trees, terrain and even some particles, have helped the process go by so much faster…have a peek 🙂
I’ve also been brushing up on post processing skeeelllz… Earlier in the day, Vertig0 was gracious enough to passed me a link to a blog with some great PS tutorials so I’ll include the link here. It’s always nice to have friends that share 🙂
Thank you for stopping by and keeping me company oh ye faithful lurkers. Do visit Strawberry’s Blog Challenge and Meme category for ideas and inspiration!
*Skin: Glam Affair’ Artemis Last Days in jamaica | Uber
Hair: Exile Day the World went away | Uber
Eyes: Ikon Hope Eyes in storm | New @ Mainstore
Sweater: ryvolter Naia Blanket Coat | Uber
Jumpsuit: Maitreya Hempe Taupe
Necklace: Kunglers Extra’ Suzanna in copper | The Jewelry Fair (Coming September 13th)