Aloha!!! Thanks for dropping by. Please leave shoes outside door, thank you. Now, sit back, here’s some food, I make awesome hawaiian food… don’t worry we’ll hula it off later. Okay so now that you’re all Cozey-like… lets get some reading in with Strawberry Singh’s latest blog meme…aptly titled, ‘Why do I blog?” *hands you some iced tea*…
Enjoy! and here I go to read yours too 😀
- How long have you been blogging? RL since 2008. SL since 2011.
- Why did you start blogging? Writing has always been therapeutic and blogging is just an extension. SL blogging? Strictly for fun 😀
- How many times a week do you post an entry? I try to do 4 a week on here and mostly spam my tumblr. It depends on RL time constraints. If I could afford to spend all day blogging about goodies I find on SL omg I so would (reminds myself to buy a lotto ticket come tomorrow)
- How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? Just like you all, I am an avid blog
stalk.. reader. And much like what Strawberry said, most of her reading are from blogs and that’s basically where my reading material comes from nowadays….. so…. maybe like 30 blogs regularly? 32?
- Do you comment on other people’s blogs? Yes!! When I can, I reply and many of the blogs I follow are good reads. It should be common practice/etiquette or whatever TO comment, if you are genuinely enjoying the read at least, (maybe that’s just me). And not because of kudo points neither. But because you actually ‘read’ through the post and get inside the author’s head.
- Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? Certainly! I admit sometimes in my newbness I think why bother? 2 visits today? 1 visit for the entire week? Yeah there are those days, but we’re either in this for fun and learning, or we’re just climbing up another ‘social’ ladder right?
- Did you ever regret a post that you wrote? ermmmmmm. Maybe one. But she’ll probably never read it lol!
- Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? I hope so. And if it ever seems like the writing gets way too mysterious for its own good, I blame my zodiac.
- Do you blog under your real name? Sort of. (Wendz is my rl nickname)
- Are there topics that you would never blog about? This is actually a relevant question! HI-5’s Strawberry, see you’re not nosy for no reason… Okay, just earlier this evening I finally had a chance to hang out with my SL ‘sisters’ Nicky Morgath and Allie Frenburg on Skype. I mentioned what kinds of images were on my SL blog and how I’ve decided to stop posting content that would be deemed ‘inappropriate’ for children’s eyes. Its really a fine line at least for me, but I’d rather be comfortable with my content than having to constantly bite my nails worrying if my teenage son’s friends thinks his mom’s avatar is….ehem….(not that thats bad.. just weird for oldie fogie like moi)
- What is the theme/topic of your blog? You know I really liked that ‘Second Life Lifestyles’ bit! Yeah lets go with that! ( I have NO original thought or idea in my head whatsoever)
- Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? I have my main SL one (now on WordPress tyvl!), my tumblr and my dormant RL blog. I recently moved from another blogging host site.. place thing, over to WordPress upon urging from my friend/boss/taskmaster..Bonadea Avedon after telling me that this.. other- blogging- host- site place- thing, wouldn’t allow me to have complete control over my content. I use my tumblr mostly to repost funny gifs, word pictures, maybe a look of the day kind of thing or events I haven’t seen posted yet.
- What have you found to be the benefits of blogging?#1 Learning to appreciate Content Creation, especially regarding fashion. And I mean, WOW, SL is full of talent.. on loan from God! #2 New stores to shop!! #3 New places to visit and take pictures! #4 New stores to shop! oh wait. #5 Learning photo manipulation techniques and the software that comes with it! #6 Learning how to effectively use my SL viewer (TPV or SL) to get the best possible snapshot with my limited computer, uhm, hardware. #7 Learning to appreciate OTHER people’s pictures, stories, writings and hardware! haha.. and lastly #8 New ways to challenge my limited styling techniques!
- So, why do you continue to blog? IRL, I work in the wonderful world of retail. I used to do consulting techie junk for the local government, sometimes at home, in my jammies, eating Doritos. Well that ship has sailed, thank you Uncle Sam. I continue to blog, because it is relaxing and a refreshing change of pace for my SL, which used to cater to someone elses’ needs, whether it be a job, management, clients etc etc. Blogging, I can do on my own time, when I want, about what I want and not have to ‘answer’ to a time clock. And I find blogging with honest to goodness writing, much more enjoyable (to write or read) rather than a pretty picture and credits.. though they do have their place. I continue to blog because bottom line, its hecka fun showing off pretty things!! EVEN when its to an audience of one 😛
Tada! SO now you’ve finished off your plate, full, happy, satiated. And off you get, to try these memes out for yourself! Ciao Ciao XD and Thank you Strawberry for another great meme!
Hairdid> EMOtion’s Strangelove in black
Skin>PXL’s Gaia Dark
Eyes> IKON’s Ardent Eyes in Platinum
Lashes> Izzie’s v1.03