It’s been a while since I participated in Berry’s Blog/Meme Challenges, but lurking I have, and liking I’ve done! yeah :)
At the time I finally read this week’s meme, I was literally, physically at my local Best Buy plunking down cold hard
cash plastic, for my own tablet.
The timing, the relevancy, the look on the salesperson’s face when I squealed as I read through Berry’s article. Yeah I squealed, in public! Just one of those “hand-heart” moments, he wouldn’t have understood^^ So here we go-eth!
Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers to your post, delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments so others can come by and read your answers as well!
- Which electronic devices do you use to blog with? 80% of the time I’m editing from my laptop. 10% of the time, is spent from my desktop. The other 10% of the time, I blog from telekinesis.
- Do you have a mission statement for your blog, if so, what is it? Mission statement? I think I had one around in here somewhere. (digs through her bag)
- How do you feel about blogs that use their platforms to spread negativity? -.- I admit I read ‘some’ of them. Especially if there’s been a big hullabaloo on Plurk. I’ve not been on Plurk in a while because of this, and therefore have not come across the ‘negativity spread’ lately. (sounds kinda rancid doesn’t it?)
- Are you a grammar junkie? Do you thoroughly check your blog for errors before posting and/or do you judge other people’s posts if they contain errors? No, sort of, and no. There are 24 hours in one day, of which I spend 60% of it catering to the hormones of three very pugnacious teenagers. I spend the rest of the time sitting in a corner, swaying back and forth humming “Michael row your boat ashore”, praying they don’t find me.
- If you could switch blogs with another blogger who would it be? A 1st life blogger whom I’ve followed since before I came to SL. Sadly he doesn’t blog much anymore, but OH, to have this kind of content to talk about.. Yummmmy!
- Has your blog/blogging style evolved over the year(s)? How? Yes! Reevaluation of the big “Why do I SL?” happens on a daily basis for me. It used to be that I wanted to improve with photo-editing and ‘styling’. Cozey’s roots is fashion, always has been. I think the only thing that has evolved is that I’ve started exhibiting flashes of Home/Garden envy. Wait, that’s not evolving I think?
- What is the most extraordinary thing that has happened to you because of blogging? The people, meeting all you wonderful, amazing, talented, quirky, zany, ambitious, laid-back, curvy, skinny, short and tall people! I love people. And dogs, I love the dogs too.
Seriously, the most ‘extraordinary’ thing that has happened is that I’ve stopped trying to please people both in SL and RL. That is, extra extra out of the ordinary.
- When it comes to Second Life blogs, there are different styles: Fashion bloggers, Lifestyle & Travel bloggers, Informative bloggers, and more. Which style do you prefer and where do you feel your blog fits in? Oh dear… I have no worldly idea. If Cozey’s roots are in fashion, and there’s some Home/Garden side ‘bidness’ going on, then having an affair with Travel/Destinations, gives me what?
Gobbledee goo that’s what. I’m not sure how to answer this without drawing definite lines. Therefore, I will say a mix of three for 1000pts Alex, thank you.
- What has blogging taught you? That:
“You are special, you’re the only one
You’re the only one like you
There isn’t another in the whole wide world
Who can do the things you do”
- Share your top 3 tips for new bloggers. ( I did 5!)
a. Scour through Strawberry Singh’s blog as if your SLife depended on it. Seriously! Do it. And do what she says.
b. After you’ve scoured, tasted, read, digested than re digested all of her material, apply to join this group!
SL Blogger Support Group members are always willing to help veteran/new bloggers alike. The blog is chock full of relevant information as well. It’s worth the scour!
c. Learn to take decent snapshots using your preferred SL Viewer. Using a higher resolution only helps your image quality. There are many Second Life photography tutorials that are available nowadays. (see tip 1 and 2)
d. The Credit, issue: Everyone approaches this in his or her own way, and I’ve learned this past year to just use plain old common sense.
e. Go to sleep at a decent time, or take vacations. I should really take my own advice -.- (4am? work at 8am? cha’ yeah!) Fashion, Arts, Music, Events, whatever. All of it will still be here when you get back. Cross my heart ♥
Thanks for stopping by and hey, what do you all think of my Plethora tablet? Have you demo’d one? They’re super sleek and sexy no?
Jumper: Coquet Signature Leather Jumper
Hat: Lode’ Vintage Romance | L’accessoires
Necklace: Sax Shepherd Designs’ Nia Moon
Bracelet: Sax Shepherd Designs’ Nia Moon
Anklet: Sax Shepherd Designs’ Fairy Tale Tease (rare)
Hair: Vanity Hair’ Kissing a Frog
Skin: Glam Affair’s Aria in jamaica
Hands/Feet: Slink Casual Mesh Hands; Mid Height Mesh Feet
Pose: Imeka Sits 01-#4
Tablet: Plethora’s Custom Designed Tablet by PlethoraSL
Headphones: Ispachi Attero Futuristic Vintage Headphones
CellPhone: Embody’s Smart Phone (Talk to Me series)
*Certificate presented by Letty Luckstone for this year’s Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education Conference*