So Garden of Dreams. I’ve seen captures here and there. Never could pin down a name for the region. And I recall seeing many of the builds, landscaping and scenery in other posts, but now I can finally put a name to them! Thank you Cougar!
I’ll have to tour Garden of Dreams more extensively over the weekend. There’s so much more to see and do. And BUY! Oh the wonder of Second Life! They have the most amazing mesh trees and flower beds, and textures, and and.. airships!
I took my fairy-elven-human mess of an avatar, back this afternoon to take a few snaps, and to answer Strawberry’s latest Monday Meme. Garden of Dreams looks like it pops right out of a magical fairy tale. You can always join along by visiting StrawberrySingh.com
Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers into your post, delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments so we can all come and see. If you create an image for this meme, feel free to share it in the Blog Memes Flickr Group.
- Are you a bookworm? – …having a case of the ‘used-to-be’s ‘ at the moment heh.
- Which do you prefer: hardcover, paperback or electronic? – all forms suffice. Even post-it notes. And other peoples phones, and kindles, and walls. Bathroom walls.
- Which book is your favorite? – When I’m feeling down or out of sorts, I’ve always dug out my paper back copy of a book titled ‘Hinds Feet on High Places’ by Hannah Hurnard. If you’ve followed me a while, you know that a lot of what I write is inspired by my faith, and so its just natural I turn back to something like this. I relate very much to the main character in her journey, basically to find herself, with a little bit of help :)
- Which children’s book is your favorite? – ooooo girl, too many to list. Right up there in top 5 would have to be Lewis Carroll’s Through the Looking Glass. All three of my teens can quote his works verbatim. It was a labor of love, and yes maddening. But so rewarding.
- What’s the last book you’ve read? – -.- my health insurance benefit booklet. Booklet she says. #lazybum
- Name your top five favorite writers: – James Clancy, Nicholas Sparks, Frank Peretti, Lewis Carroll, C.S. Lewis
- Name a book that had a strong impact on you: – Hinds Feet on High Places
- Favorite & least favorite book genres? – I read everything.. everything? Just about! However, if I had to choose between Stephen King and JRR Tolkien? Well, the pictures will tell you :)
- Favorite & least favorite book-to-movie adaptions? – Do Marvel Comics count as book material? Some of my favorite comic to movie adaptations are from the Marvel Universe. I read the Hunger Games years before the movies came out and so far, its been, meh. We could be on this question all the live long day.
- Have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone? – Yeppers! They make great laptop prop uppers.
- Where do you usually buy your books? – Half Priced Books
- Do you go to the library? – Yes maam! Homeschooled my kiddies till middle school and practically lived there. You can still see where my son threw up baby milk on the carpet in the kids section… true story.
- How many books do you own? – I’ve culled a whole lot when we put the kids in public school. But we’ve kept all the poetry, history books, hardback classics and several gazillion National Geographic magazines… oh and Highlight Magazines, yeah there’s a nice mile long stack of those too… @@#!#$!#
- If you were to write a book about Second Life, which topic would you focus on? How to be a successful second life shopaholic and lose all your lindens. << What she said!
Enjoy the rest of the day!
Jacket: Fuubutsu-Dou’s Elf Tuxedo by Nya Alchemi for Genre
Top: Le Poppycock Willow Suede Tank
Bottom: Ilaya Disco Panties
Bracelet: Balaclava Threefold bracelet (Past FLF)
Necklace: Pure Poison’s Boho Time by Shaleene Kenin
Headpiece: Distorted Dreams Cara by Epic Maidstone for Genre
Shoes: **~*HopScotch*~* Almera (green) by Chandni Khondji for The Fantasy Collective
Hair: Tableau Vivant’s Sabra Hair by M4ri1yn Magic for The Fantasy Collective
Skin: *Glam Affair’s Aria (gacha) for March Arcade Gacha Event (March 1st)
Poses: **~*HopScotch*~* Hips Don’t Lie by Chandni Khondji for The Fantasy Collective
Location: Garden of Dreams